Thursday, February 11, 2010

I know I'm writing this 2 days late, but it is now 2 days after time to reveal...
Mystery food theatre!

Last week, I posted a question on what a certain food was, given its nutrition facts.  The answer is... BK's Whopper Jr. (without mayo) with onion rings!  I'm sorry for giving facts on a complicated order with nutrition that is not up-to-date.  (BK removed trans fats from their menu, according to Eat This, Not That! the Best (and Worst!) Foods in America!)  Jennifer McGraw came close, asking if it was a McDonald's happy meal, but no one actually got it right.  Oh, well.  This time, I'll post something that isn't as complicated.  This is a supermarket food, but it wouldn't be very intelligent to eat it.  According to a photo of the nutrition label in Eat This, Not That! For Kids! (anyone notice a lot of exclamation points in their books' names?), it has 220 calories, 2.5 grams of fat (.5 saturated), 5 grams of fiber, AND 17 GRAMS OF SUGARS.  The biggest problem, though, isn't the sugars, it's the long ingredients list, with 17 lines!  The aisle you might find it in has a lot of similar-shaped boxes, some with high sugar, some with high fiber.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like it could be a cereal- boxes with high fiber. I bet many of these aren't so healthy for you. I'm going to guess one that I think seems about as processed as you can get- Captain Crunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Close (not very close sounding), but not quite, although Captain Crunch isn't very healthy!

    ReplyDelete